Thursday, September 10, 2009

Athens Day 3

So it's about 4pm local time. I spent the better part of the day wandering around lost again looking for this travel agency. I got my directions again form the Greek Lady but for some reason unbeknown to be I didn't bother to look up the address. So after wandering up and down the streets near where she said it was I gave in and made the trek back to the hostel. Although during trip over their the first time I stumbled upon a partially excavated roman bath in the middle of the city.

The agency was down in a similar area to the Acropolis and I'm going to guess it was also about two kilometers from the hostel. I did look up the address the second time and I'm quite glad I did, the agent was extremely helpful and saved me a ton of money. I was able to book my tickets to and from Santorini at 33.50 euro each direction as well as get a flight from Athens to Prague for less than 200 euros. The flight to me is the most amazing part because in all of my attempts at finding flights I couldn't find anything less than 400euros.

Anyway after putting in about eight km today I'm pretty beat. (also it was much warmer today than it has been). So I'm going to rest up at the hostel for a bit and try not to dwell on the shear amount of money I've spent.

I'll post again after dinner again the pictures will have to wait though I don't have much from today just the bath.


So I went and got a gyro from a local place tonight it was very pleasant and the meat was so much more flavorful than the ones back home. Beyond that not much more to say about the food. I'll write again after Santorini when I have Internet.

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty sweet! Have a safe and fun trip to Santorini tomorrow, and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree about the gyros, i like the places that have the big racks of meat on a stick that they just sorta carve it off of

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those damn archaeologists, making holes everywhere where RESPECTABLE people are trying to walk... :P

    ReplyDelete