Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oia Stanorini Two

Edit : a photo or two more to come soon.



So um yeah I apologize for not posting in a while. I'll give a tour now in hopefully a few mintues of writing what I spent so much time doing and not enough time writing it all down.

So the day I got here. I slept from 6 in the evening to 9 the following morning. I guess that's fair since I was up for 48 hours before because of the ferry and lack of an alarm clock. Whoops.

When I got up the next morning I had breakfast provided by the hostel which was a nice change from Athens. It consisted of sweet bread and three pieces of plain white bread orange juice and choice of coffee or tea not that there was really any decision to be made.

After breakfast I wondered around for a few hours taking more pictures than I thought possible. It was mostly walk a few steps oh must take a picture walk a few more, and the best part was there was no one around in the morning. I ran into maybe three locals all setting up there shops. So I had the place to my self. Once the shops were open I took care of my gift getting and headed back to the hostel to play with the pictures.

Later that afternoon I went to lunch had an amazing tiropita and absolutely afwul sandwich as well as a coke and frape. It was very plesant aI had a nice view of the ocean. It was just a very plesant lunch. Save the sandwich.

Later that evening I met Hire (I hope I spelled his name right) a Japanese student traveling on holiday. We chatted for a while and went to try and capture the sunset. When we got back is when I met my French traveling buddies. Xavier, Laura, and Aurelie. We enjoyed a few drinks from the bar and a very plesant evening.

The following morning I went on the Volcano tour. Where I met Silvia and Marissa two fellow Americans staying at the same hostel. It was nice to have a group to go with, becuase was able to relax about leaving my stuff. The tour was great the Valcano was a little anti climatic there was barely any smoke it wasn't much warmer than the surounding area and there was really no sulfer smells. However the views of the surounding islands were great. Then we went to the hotsprings which required jumping from the boat because there was no dock. So after jumping into 20 C water we swam to the hot spring which were very nice and warm. Unfortunately we didn't have very long there. When I come back becuase some day I will have to I want to charter a boat to just spend the better part of a day near the hotsprings. When they called us back we had to swim back into the cold water which was not a refreshing as it would have sounded because the hotsrpings were more like warm springs. Once everyone was back on the boat we were taken to a place for lunch it was alright but because all the places are ment for tourist they were overpriced.

We we got back from the tour I put my few pictures on my computer and then got ready for happy hour. Again I met with my friends and we enjoyed a few glasses of wine and converstaion before heading out to a well recomended resturant where I got the octopus. We shared a great bottle of white wine. When every one else had left the resturant we figured we probably should as well. Unfortunately no where else was open and we returned to the hostel. It was probably good becuase We agreed to meet the following morning for sunrise at 6.

The following morning I failed to get up ontime and I actually saw them turning the corner out my window. I gave chase barefooot which hurt quite about actually. But I caught them and they waited for me and we went up to the castle ruins to watch sunrise. It was a nice quite and serene moment. There was absolutely no one else around and the sun came up over the mountains and it was just absolutely beautiful.

After being up so late and getting up so early once the sun had risen we returned to the hostel for a few more hours of sleep. And we decided to go to the beach. We after much confusinon we did make it to the beach and enjoyed a nice day on the black sand. It was overcast so the sand was not incredibly hot. After the beach we stoped for a frape on the way back. We made it back just intime for another happy hour. It was nice and we ended up going back to Skala for dinner as it was the only place open. I had the octopus again and it was just so very plesant.

I'm running out of interent time and I need to check a few things so I promise to write more and fill in the details soon.

I leave today for Athens again and Slovakia the followign morning. Yay fun night in the airport.

2 comments:

  1. You are probably the only person I know who would be disappointed by a lack of sulfur smells!
    I'm glad you're having such a good time, and I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, it looks beautiful. I am so glad you made friends and had a wonderful trip. I'm so excited to see more pictures and hear what you think of Bratislava!

    ReplyDelete