Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sport Shooting Club

Near the beginning of the semester one of our Slovak Friends from class asked if we'd be interested in joining the shooting club at the school And it turns out there is a shooting range (for compressed air pistols) at the top of our faculty building. We were interested and the professor was willing and he let us join. Anyway. It's a different style of shooing than I'm used to it is competition sport shooting and due to our traveling I managed to miss all but the first competition. However it was a lot of fun and I think I learned a number of tips and tricks to improve my shooting ability. Today was supposed to be our last day however I guess we can go next week as well. However today I wasn't shooting paricularly well as my shots were not nice and clustered but I did get one of my rifle targets put up on the wall of fame board and I shot two dead on bullseyes today.

Anyway here are some pictures of the set up and my two pistol targets today. Those two shots made up for (me) all of my terrible shooting today.


The 5th floor range.

The pistol!

The correct form for holding and firing the gun. A lot different and more difficult than two handed shooting.

Check it out right through the center of the center of the bullseye.

The second target that I might be unnecessarily and overly proud of!

The lead pellet is just big enough to fit through the center inner of of the bullseye . The 10point has two circles the inner most is used at high level competition because at that level every one is always hitting tens and there needs to be a way to determine who hit the "higher" ten. Anyway I realize I'm overly proud of this and if you look at the rest of my target it's um a bit.... yeah. It's still really cool!

1 comment:

  1. I know I wasn't a *great* shot, but it occurs to me that I can't shoot anymore (or do anything similar) now that I have this blind spot since I aimed primarily with my left eye. :(

    ReplyDelete